Stormchaser is our single-speed gravel bike designed to prevail through bad weather and drivetrain-crunching conditions. The 6066-T6 alloy frame features our Class 5™ VRS (vibration reduction system) for comfort and composure on harsh roads. The compliant carbon fork comes with extra tire clearance and protection plates to prevent wear from muddy tires. Alternator Flat Mount dropouts allow for solid single-speed setups or 1x drivetrains (with geared dropout plate, sold separately). Frame and fork mounts make it easy to carry extra food and water on long rides, while the rack and fender mounts add a layer of versatility. Stormchaser is a trusty partner for single speed enthusiasts or gravel riders who saddle up no matter what.
- Design Wheel/Tire Sizes
- 700c x 42 mm
- Alternate Wheel/Tire Sizes
- 700c x 32–50 mm; 650b x 47–50 mm
- Suspension Fork Length (Travel)
- Rigid Fork Length
- 420 mm
- Fork Offset
- 51 mm
- Headset, Upper
- Headset, Lower
- 27.2 mm
- Seatpost Collar
- 32.0 mm
- Dropper Compatible (Routing)
- Yes (internal)
- Front Derailleur Clamp
- Front Derailleur Type
- Bottom Bracket
- 73 mm BSA, threaded
- Crankset (Max Ring – Single Speed)
- 1x crankset, 40t max, Race Face/Easton 51 mm chainline, single speed only
- Crankset (Max Ring – Geared)
- 1x crankset only, 38t max, 49 mm MTN chainline, 168 Q-factor min.
- Front Brake (Rotor)
- Flat mount frame standard, 35 mm thickness, 42 mm bolt length (160 mm rotor only)
- Rear Brake (Rotor)
- Flat mount frame standard, 20 mm thickness, 27 mm bolt length (140–160 mm rotor)
- Rear Spacing
- 12 x 142 mm TA
- Rear Axle Size
- M12 x 167L, TP = 1.5, TL = 20 mm (NOTE, DOES NOT FIT SALSA DEABOLT W/ LEVER. DEADBOLT UL TOOLED AXLE ONLY)
- Derailleur Hanger
- Hanger 465, QBP# FS2322 (Requires geared Alternator Flat Mount Plate, QBP# FS0719, and Hanger Axle/Stud Kit, QBP# FS1181)
- Rear Rack Mounts
- Yes, universal rack rear compatible. Salsa Post-Lock seat collar required. Salsa Wanderlust Rack recommended.
- Fender Mounts
- Yes, required fender hardware included.
- Max Tire Size with Fenders
- 700c x 47 mm
- Water Bottle Mounts
- Frames up to 56 cm: 2 in main triangle. Frames 57.5 cm and larger: 3 in main triangle.
- Downtube Accessory Mounts
- Top Tube Mounts
- Yes, compatible with Salsa EXP Series Top Tube bag.
- Stem Clamp
- 28.6 mm
- Crown Race
- Integrated SHIS 40, 36° Angle
- Front Spacing
- 12 x 100 mm TA
- Front Axle
- M12 x 120L, TP = 1.5, TL = 12 mm
- Three-Pack Mounts
- One mount per fork leg.
- Rack Mounts
- 165 mm Low-rider compatible. Salsa Down Under rack recommended.
|A. Effective Top Tube||506||527||545||560||575||590||605|
|B. Stand Over||686.86||726.74||756.48||785.5||794.05||820.44||842.79|
|E. Total Seat Tube Length||390||440||475||510||520||545||570|
|F. Headtube Length||90||105||125||145||165||185||205|
|G. Headtube Angle||70||70||70||70||70||70||70|
|H. Seat Tube Angle||75.25||74||73||73||73||73||73.1|
|I. BB Drop||70||70||70||70||70||70||70|
|K. Chainstay Length||435–450||435–450||435–450||435–450||435–450||435–450||435–450|
|L. Fork Length Axle to Crown||420||420||420||420||420||420||420|
|M. Fork Offset||51||51||51||51||51||51||51|
|Crank Arm Length||165||165||170||170||175||175||175|
|Recommended Rider Height||142cm–157cm||155cm–165cm||162cm–173cm||170cm–180cm||178cm–188cm||185cm–193cm||190cm–UP|
Measurements based on:
- a fork measuring 420x51mm
- a 700x42mm tire measuring 720 mm in diameter
- standover (B) measured vertically to top of toptube from a position 50mm forward of BB center.